Open Source EDI Using Bots Translator
An EDI translator is also known as EDI software or EDI translation software. It provides a means of transforming EDI data compatible with Windows, Unix, AS400 and other types of computers and operating systems. Bots is complete software for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
Bots EDI is a free open-source EDI translator used to transfer business documents within the company or between the business partners. Bots offers the following major features:
- All major EDI data formats are supported: EDIFACT, X12, TRADACOMS, XML, SAP, Flat Files, json etc.
- It can run on Windows, Linux, OSX, and Unix.
- Bots can handle high volumes of EDI transactions.
- EDI Bots is flexible and can be configured for your specific EDI needs.
- Support many client communication methods: FTP, SFTP, FTPS, SMTP, POP3, etc.
- Bots translates from one format to another. Provides partner dependent translations.
- Powerful mapping- Easy query of EDI messages to retrieve and place the content.
- It can tackle the ‘many similar yet different translations’ in a sensible way.
- Fully Integrated Unicode (Character Sets).
Management of EDI Flows (Bots-Monitor)
- View business documents like orders and invoices, incoming and outgoing EDI flows, and content of EDI files.
- View the send and received acknowledgements/confirmations (997, control).
Re-send and re-receive the EDI messages via the interface.
- Bots-monitor is web-based, can be used from any workstation in your company.
- Communication and translations can be manually started or scheduled. E.g. ERP software.
- Automatic restart of EDI files when communication fails.
- Use interface over HTTP or HTTPS/SSL.
- Archiving of EDI files.
- Directory monitoring (version 3.0).
- Bots is platform independent. Can run on Windows, Linux, OSX and Unix as well.
- Uses Python as a programming language. Uses Django Web Framework.
- Provides powerful debugging options when developing EDI translations.
- Bots uses MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.